If you are traveling on a low budget, like I do, there’s a few hacks you can use in order to save some money. I already shared with you how I save money on food here, but there are also a few ways to save money on the flights, so this second post for the travel hacks series will be focused on helping you out with that
1. Choose the right timings – Try not to travel during high season, like summer or holiday breaks, when most of people travel, because everything is super expensive and crowded. Also, if you buy it on the “ideal time” which according to experts is 6 weeks before the flight, on Tuesday at 3 am , you’ll have the lowest fare.
2. Use incognito mode (ctrl + shift + n) – Considering that websites save your search history, they realize you are interested in buying, so the more you look the higher the prices.
3. Use skyscanner – this is a really good website, user-friendly and with great prices
4. Research for each trip separately – If you are going to just one place, sometimes the matches done by the websites aren’t always the cheapest, so look for each trip at once and make your own combo depending on your preferred schedules and prices.
5. Look for alternative transportation – Even though airplane is the fastest option, usually trains and bus can get really cheap, specially if in Europe, so make sure you check all your options. GoEuro is a nice website to compare all the options.
6. Check out if the airport is close to the center – Do your maths. Is is worthy to buy a cheap plane ticket and spend a lot of money on a transfer to the hotel? Or is it better to buy a more expensive plane ticket to the closest airport to the city. Don’t forget that you will probably have to pay for transfer for the city center, and sometimes it’s even more expensive.
7. Make sure your lugagge is according to the travel company’s allowed size and avoid to pay an extra fee. And you are thinking “how the hell am I supposed to fit my close into those tiny bags?!” the answer will come on a new blog post really soon, so stay tuned!
This are the hacks I use to spend the minimum on my flights , do you use any of these? Do you know any other tricks? Do share them with me please 🙂
Lots of Love,